Education and Training Benefits System
Training and Education Benefits for the Part-time MBA (Online On-campus Hybrid)
The GLOBIS MBA Program has been designated as a Training and Education facility by the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. If you meet certain conditions, you will be able to obtain financial support from the government.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Payment of employment insurance in Japan for at least two years prior to the start of the program
- Enrollment in the Part-time MBA (Online On-campus Hybrid) at GLOBIS from 2017
- Completion of a designated number of credits per term
- Completion of the program within two years
If you have previously received Training and Education Benefits:
You will need to pay employment insurance for at least two years from the start of the previous course to the start of the MBA program.
If you receive any Training and Education Benefits from October 2014
You will need to pay employment insurance for at least 10 years from the start of the program until you can receive any further benefits under this system.
Please note GLOBIS cannot determine eligibility for this program. You will need to visit HelloWork to confirm whether or not you are eligible.
Amount of Benefits to be Paid
From October 1, 2014, there are two kinds of benefits available: "General Training and Education Benefits" (up to 100,000 yen) and "Specialized Practice Training and Education Benefits" (up to 960,000 yen). The purpose of these benefits is to support the independent mid- and long-term career formation of workers and promotion of employment stability and reemployment.
|General Training and Education Benefits
*Please ask us about the
requirements for this program
|Specialized Practice Training and Education Benefits|
|During Program||After Completing Program
*When the student is an insured worker of employment
insurance upon completing the course
|Amount of benefits
*Ratio to tuition paid by student
|20%||40%||Additional benefits of 20%|
|Upper cap of benefits||100,000 yen||320,000 yen/year||320,000 yen|
|Payment period||Up to 1 year||As a general rule, 2 years|
requirements for this program
insurance upon completing the course
Example of tuition/benefits upon using this system in the Part-time MBA (Online On-campus Hybrid)
*Excludes enrollment fee
- The amount of benefits may vary depending on the amount of tuition to be paid. Deductions due to scholarships or Pre-MBA tuition may reduce the amount of benefits available.
- A certain number of credits will need to be obtained in each term in order to receive the benefits.
- In addition to the initial application, the student will need to visit HelloWork every six months.
- Applications for these benefits must be submitted to HelloWork at least one month before the start of the program.
Procedure for application and receiving benefits
[Advance preparation] Obtain forms to be submitted as the pre-enrollment application at HelloWork
Since one of the following forms needs to be submitted in the pre-enrollment application procedures, please obtain one form of (i) or (ii) below by yourself before the application procedures.
*It may take some time to obtain the forms. We recommend that you at least confirm which form will be required.
- "Certificate of employer on participation in professional practice educational training"
- "Job Card"
<To acquire these forms>
- Acquire the form of "Certificate of employer on participation in professional practice educational training" at HelloWork, fill out the required information, submit the completed form to your workplace, and have your workplace issue the form as a certificate.
- Take the "pre-training career consulting," and receive a "Job Card."
You need to make a reservation by phone in advance for taking the pre-training career consulting.
Please call the HelloWork office that has jurisdiction over the location of your home address to confirm the reservation method, and arrange an appointment.
It may take some time to arrange a consultation, so we recommend that you make your reservation early.
[Main application] Pre-enrollment application/submission of forms at HelloWork
Deadline for filing pre-enrollment application with HelloWork: August 31, 2017(Thu)
*For students who are scheduled to enroll from October 2017
- *The support desk for educational training support benefits is open only on weekdays (Monday through Friday). For details on office hours and the like, please directly contact the HelloWork that has jurisdiction over your home address.
- *The foregoing deadline of pre-enrollment application also applies to students who applied for the January entrance exam. Please take the foregoing procedures in advance without waiting for the entrance exam announcement.
Please prepare the foregoing forms and directly file them with the HelloWork office that has jurisdiction over your home address.
|(1) Confirmation slip on eligibility to receive education training benefits and educational training support benefits|
The form is available at HelloWork. In sections "6" and "7" of the form, please enter the following.
*Please note the Japanese text you should enter here says "online," because English MBA students are technically able to earn credits in the Japanese online program.
|(2) "Certificate of employer on participation in professional practice educational training" or "Job Card"
To be acquired in advance
|This is a form that you need to submit to HelloWork by yourself before the application procedures. Please follow the above [Advance Preparation] procedures and prepare one of the two forms indicated on the left in advance. Please refer here for an example of description.|
|(3) Japanese driver’s license or resident identification card as a document for confirming your identity and home address|
|A Residence Card may be acceptable. Please confirm with your local HelloWork office.
If you do not have any of these items, please bring two different types of documents among following (i) to (iii) below (copies are not acceptable) (i) Passport (ii) Certificate of residence (or copy of resident register or certification of official registration of a seal) (iii) National health insurance card.
|(4) Employment insurance certificate|
|If you don't have this at hand, please confirm with your workplace. Employment insurance qualification is acceptable. A copy is also acceptable.|
|(5) Two photos|
|Recent photo (front view, upper half of your body, 3.0 cm (vertical) × 2.5 cm (horizontal))|
|(6) Bank book or cash card of a financial institution to receive payment of benefits|
|This is the account to which the benefits will be remitted.|
|(7) Proof of unavailability|
|This is required when you file the application by mail (limited to cases that are acknowledged due to unavoidable circumstances). For details, please access the following web page of HelloWork.|
For details regarding the Specialized Practice Training and Education Benefits System, please also make sure to access the following web pages of HelloWork and the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
While you are taking the course (every six months)
Within one month of the start of each six-month period (payment unit period) from the start date of the course (enrollment in MBA program), you need to file an application for the benefits with HelloWork. By filing this application, 40% of individual payments will be paid every half-year (up to 320,000 yen per year).
[Key documents to be submitted]
- Certificate of eligibility to receive education training benefits: Issued by HelloWork during the foregoing procedures that are taken before you start the program.
- Application for receiving education training benefits: Available at GLOBIS
- Certificate of attendance or certificate of completion of specialized practice educational training: Issued by GLOBIS to persons who meet criteria
- Receipt: Issued by GLOBIS
After you complete the course (within one month)
You may receive “additional benefits” when you complete the MBA program and are employed as an insured worker within one year from the day following the date of completion of the course. (If you are employed as an insured worker at the time of graduation, you need to file an application within one month of completing the program.)
Please file an application with HelloWork and submit the same documents as those described above for the procedures to be taken while you are enrolled in the program.
- The documents to be submitted may differ depending on individual circumstances. If you wish to submit your documents through an agent, the agent will need your power of attorney. For details, please visit the website of the Health, Labour and Welfare Ministry, Public Employment Security Office (HelloWork).
- Please note that GLOBIS will not be responsible for the loss of your eligibility to receive benefits due to the omitted submission of application forms or insufficient paperwork.
Can anyone apply for these benefits?
Please refer to "Eligible Persons" above. In order to confirm your eligibility, please contact the Security Office (HelloWork) that has jurisdiction over the location of your home address (https://www.hellowork.go.jp/).
Can I receive these benefits if I have taken Pre-MBA courses?
As a general rule, yes. Since the Pre-MBA Program period is not factored into your enrollment period as an MBA student, you can apply for the benefits irrespective of your Pre-MBA Program period.
Credits transferred from the Pre-MBA Program can be included in the credit quota which is necessary to receive the benefits.
Can I combine this system with a scholarship and education loans?
As a general rule, the benefits will be applied to the amount of tuition after your scholarship is taken into account. In total it can cover up to 40% of the payable tuition (up to a limit of 320,000 yen/year), plus an extra 20% after completion.
You can receive the benefits while using education loans from general financial institutions or the like.
Can I receive these benefits even when the company is paying a part of the tuition?
These benefits are provided for individual payment of tuitions. Since the use of this system is limited to individual applications, this system is applied to individual payments that you personally made in cases where the company is paying part of the tuition. Please note that these benefits are not available in cases when the company is paying the entire amount of the tuition or for applications that are made under a corporate name and corporate address