- Date: 19:00 - 22:00, September 25, 2020 (Fri)
- Place: Zoom (Online)
- Register: from the Virtual Campus Events page
Registration Deadline: By August 31, 2020
- Introduction to the Section System
- Election of Section Leaders
- Class Way Workshop
- Introduction to Extracurricular Activities
- Dean's Message
- Introduction to Personal Mission
- Personal Mission Presentation
- Please note:
All students are required to attend the orientation. If you cannot attend due to an emergency, please let us know the reason for your absence when you register.
Please download the reading materials for the pre-assignment here.
1. Prepare to present your personal mission (1 min) at orientation.
- Please summarize your personal mission (as of now) on one A4 page.
- Be sure your presentation is within 1 minute. Do not exceed 1 minute so we can secure time for other students.
- If you are unsure about your personal mission, include your objectives for getting an MBA or how it will help you reach your professional/personal goals.
- (Optional) Make yourself familiar with the personal mission concept through the book: “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business” (More details in the reading material.)
2. Prepare to decide a class way for your section.
Class way refers to the guidelines or practices of the students in your section.
- Please look at the class way examples from previous years. (More details in the reading material.)
- Consider what values you would like for your section.
3. Prepare to choose your section leaders.
The following roles will be chosen at orientation: Leader, Marketing Rep and Social Rep. Read the overview of the leadership roles to understand their responsibilities. (More details in the reading material.)
- Please consider other leadership positions you may want your section to have.
- If you are interested in a leadership position(s), prepare a 1-minute speech about what you would like to accomplish in the role(s).
- No electioneering or promotion is allowed before the election.