- Date: 19:00-22:00, September 25, 2020 (Friday)
- Place: On-campus - Room 403 & 404
- Register: from the Virtual Campus Events page
- Registration Deadline: By August 31, 2020
- Introduction to the Section System
- Introduction to Extracurricular Activities
- Election of Section Leaders
- Class Way Workshop
- Dean's Message
- Introduction to Personal Mission
- Personal Mission Presentation
- Please note:
- All students are required to attend the orientation. If you cannot attend due to an emergency, please let us know the reason for your absence when you register.
- All students from Section B are required to attend the orientation on-campus. Changes in how the orientation will be held may occur in case the situation concerning COVID-19 changes. Please be attentive to possible follow-up communication concerning the orientation.
Please download the reading materials for the pre-assignment here.
1. Prepare to present your personal mission (1 min) at orientation.
- Please summarize your personal mission (as of now) on one A4 page.
- Be sure your presentation is within 1 minute. Do not exceed 1 minute so we can secure time for other students.
- If you are unsure about your personal mission, include your objectives for getting an MBA or how it will help you reach your professional/personal goals.
- (Optional) Make yourself familiar with the personal mission concept through the book: “KOKOROZASHI: The Pursuit of Meaning in Business” (More details in the reading material.)
2. Prepare to decide a class way for your section.
Class way refers to the guidelines or practices of the students in your section.
- Please look at the class way examples from previous years. (More details in the reading material.)
- Consider what values you would like for your section.
3. Prepare to choose your section leaders.
The following roles will be chosen at orientation: Leader, Online Leader, Marketing Rep and Social Rep. Read the overview of the leadership roles to understand their responsibilities. (More details in the reading material.)
- Please consider other leadership positions you may want your section to have.
- If you are interested in a leadership position(s), prepare a 1-minute speech about what you would like to accomplish in the role(s).
- No electioneering or promotion is allowed before the election.