Being able to communicate effectively and persuade others is an important skill to have in international business. This may be even more challenging for non-native English speakers in an international organization. EMT is not an English language course, but an introductory business course in English. The objective of this course is to expose non-native speakers to a variety of communication challenges they may face and provide them with the skills needed to handle these situations.
Through this course students will:
- Gain a better understanding of the cultural differences that can affect communication
- Learn how to build basic structured arguments
- Be introduced to methodologies for developing more complex arguments
- Learn how to use segmentation to understand issues and data in a systematic way
- Evaluate their skills so that they can build their strengths and improve their weaknesses
- Be able to apply their improved problem solving and communication skills to their daily work immediately
This course is designed for those who have good business experience and understand English reasonably well (around a TOEIC score of 700), but find participating in meetings and presentations challenging. It is also for those that are not are unfamiliar with to the debate-oriented and logic-focused practices of international organizations.
Programs: Part-time MBA, Pre-MBA
Discipline: Critical and Analytical Skills
Course Level: Fundamental Course
Special Features: None
Required/Elective Course: Elective Course
Number of Credits: 1.0
Presentation: Day 4
Hours Per Class: 3 hours
Class Capacity: 25
*Due to the characteristics of the course, application of the substitute class and leave of absence system is not available.
-Experience in a business setting
|THEME||Segmentation, Problem solving|
|THEME||Problem solving and communication|
|CASE||-Presentation to the CEO of Company A
-Problem solving for Company A
If you wish to start from Pre-MBA
Tuition Fee: 84,000 yen
Please find more about the Pre-MBA Program.