14:30 - 16:00 with Karl O'Callaghan Register Now Details
Experience an MBA Trial Class, learn valuable business skills, and take your first step into Japan's leading international network.
What is your image of strategy? Is it decided at the beginning of a company's fiscal year? Or is it an action plan that is implemented in reaction to unexpected events? Or is it a combination of both?
Regardless of one's approach, strategy is an essential function in business. Understanding the theoretical frameworks and how to apply them can help managers make better decisions to achieve the organization's goals.
During this interactive Trial Class, GLOBIS lecturer Karl O'Callaghan will use a real business case study involving a low-cost carrier (LCC) Airline. Participants will:
- Be introduced to basic strategy frameworks and analytical methods such as Value Chain Analysis (Procurement, Marketing & Sales, Operations, Customer Service)
- Practice applying these frameworks by putting themselves in the seat of the Airline's Management and solving a real business problem
- Be encouraged to think from a broader perspective involving customers, competitors and suppliers
- Receive information about GLOBIS, our MBA programs and the admissions process and requirements
Who should attend: This class is recommended for those who don’t have practical experience in strategy and want to become familiar with the frameworks, or those with experience that wish to build on their existing knowledge.
14:00Reception and Individual Q&A
14:30Introduction to our MBA Programs
MBA, GLOBIS University Mr. Karl O'Callaghan has lived in four countries. He was born in the UK, spent time teaching in France and Russia, and came to Japan nearly twenty years ago. He joined Oxford University Press in Tokyo in 2004 as a consultative salesman, and was quickly given wider and more important areas to cover. After becoming manager of the Osaka sales office, he next took on the role of Marketing Manager, learning on the job while using his experience as a salesperson, customer and decision maker. See full profile
Yodogawa-ku, Osaka-shi , Osaka-fu 532-0003
MBA programs for today's business professionals
Choose an MBA program to fit your needs and schedule. All programs feature the same top quality lecturers, contents, and curriculum and credits are transferable between programs.
- 1-Year Full-time MBA: An accelerated career upgrade in the heart of Tokyo
- 2-Year Part-time MBA: A global MBA on your schedule
- 2-Year Online MBA: A live, interactive MBA from Japan to you
92% of students start with Pre-MBA
Take for-credit MBA courses before officially enrolling in an MBA program with our unique Pre-MBA Program. Upon joining a GLOBIS MBA program, credits earned are transferred and any paid tuition is deducted.
Take a single MBA course
Begin with as little as one course. Choose a course a-la-carte from a variety of fundamental business subjects.
Start right away
Pre-MBA terms start in January, April, July, and October. Start your MBA journey without waiting for the next intake.
Complete a course in 12 weeks
Boost your business knowledge and network, and build your resume immediately.
Choose to study on-campus in Tokyo or online from anywhere in the world with fully transferable credits.
DateSaturday, December 15, 2018
WhereGLOBIS Osaka Campus
Registration FeeFree of charge