Guidelines for the use of Zoom in Extracurricular Activities from April 2021 Term
1. About Zoom Account Rentals
In line with GLOBIS educational philosophies, club and section activities provide opportunities for current students and alumni to create opportunities for skill, personal mission, and network development.
We provide Zoom Rentals to help students shape their kokorozashi by promoting activities that contribute to sharing practical knowledge and provide the opportunity to take advantage of vertical and horizontal networks that are difficult to achieve in classes and sections.
If you wish to use Zoom for extracurricular activities, please read the following terms and conditions of use.
Activities for personal use, events/activities aimed at people other than students of GLOBIS University, events/activities for profit (profit for the organizer, speakers, etc.), and small-scale events/activities with less than 100 people are not eligible for Zoom rentals.
In addition to this, we reserve the right to refuse the use of Zoom if the contents of the application, purpose, or intent of the activity is outside the guidelines, or depending on the availability of the Zoom account.
* If you are hosting a small event with less than 100 people, please use Zoom with your own GLOBIS email account.
If you would like to use breakout rooms, co-hosting, etc. for an event with less than 100 people, please note that in your application.
2. About Reservation Methods and Cancellations
For applications regarding Zoom Rentals, please follow the instructions below.
Cancellations will be handled through email.
■ If you wish to use Zoom, please make a reservation in advance.
- Please apply at least three business days (excluding weekends and holidays) prior to the date of use.
- To apply visit the Virtual Campus > Student Services > Extracurricular > Zoom Rental
- An organization/ students/ groups may make a Zoom reservation once every three months to use within a time span of three hours.
*For practice sessions, an organization/ groups/ students may make an additional Zoom reservation once every three months to use within a timespan of three hours as well. If you would like to file a request, please contact us.
- Zoom Rentals provided are only in the Zoom Meeting format.
*If you will host an activity/event for a small group, you can use Zoom with your GLOBIS email address, which allows you to use Zoom without the 40-minute time limit. This is highly recommended.
■ About Cancellations
In case of cancellations, please contact us by e-mail at least 3 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) prior to the date of use.
English MBA Events Office
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays